Welcome to Box Club Social!
Box Club Social creates goods and services that allow people to connect with each other and build communities. These Terms govern your use of the Box Club Social platform and products.
We help you find and connect with people and groups. We offer carefully curated events focused on interests that you and others might enjoy. Some of these events, called “socials” on the Box Club Social website and in communications, are free, and others can be access by paying a fee. Some but not all socials may include a box of supplies or other items mailed directly to your door.
We do not sell your personal data to advertisers, and we don’t share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address or other contact information) with advertisers unless you give us specific permission.
People will only build community on Box Club Social if they feel safe. By creating levels of permission to access our event calendar and profiles and groups, we make every attempt to ensure that all of our users are real people. While your person to person messaging is private, our groups are moderated. If we learn of content or conduct that puts safety in jeopardy, we will take appropriate action – for example, offering help, removing content, removing or restricting access to certain features, disabling an account, or contacting law enforcement.
Your safety is our primary concern, but it truly takes a village and we need your help to ensure the safety of others. To that end, we ask that you do the following:
Be a real person. When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Use the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use your timeline for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your Box Club Social account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else.
We try to make Box Club Social broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use our website or attend our events if:
- You are under 18 years old.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or Policies.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
What you can share and do on Box Club Social
We want people to use Box Club Social to attend events, express themselves, and to share content that is important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to use our website or products to do or share anything that violates these Terms, our community standards and other terms and policies that apply to your use of our products and website, that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent or that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights.
You may not upload viruses or malicious code or do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of our website.
You may not access or collect data from our website using automated means (without our prior permission) or attempt to access data you do not have permission to access.
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of our Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights or our terms and policies.
We also can remove or restrict access to your content, services or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Box Club Social.
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Box Club Social. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a ‘license’) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content. This means, for example, that if you share a photo on Box Club Social, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as service providers that support our service or other Box CLub Social products and services you use. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account. When you delete content, it’s no longer visible to other users, however it may continue to exist elsewhere on our systems where:
- immediate deletion is not possible due to technical limitations (in which case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from when you delete it);
- your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted); or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- comply with a legal obligation, such as the preservation of evidence; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
- in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.Permission to use your name, profile picture, and information about your actions with ads and sponsored content: You give us permission to use your name and profile picture and information about actions you have taken on Box Club Social next to or in connection with ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we display across our Products, without any compensation to you.
Updating our Terms
We work constantly to improve our services and develop new features to make our products better for you and our community. As a result, we may need to update these Terms from time to time to accurately reflect our services and practices. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Once any updated Terms are in effect, you will be bound by them if you continue to use our products and services.
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Box Club Social community, you can delete your account at any time.
Account suspension or termination
We want Box Club Social to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular our Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable access to your account. We may also suspend or disable your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; or where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
You can learn more about what you can do if your account has been disabled and how to contact us if you think we have disabled your account by mistake.
If you delete or we disable your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us.
Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best products and services we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our products and services, however, are provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections. To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the products and services, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms or the Products will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
For any claim, cause of action, or dispute you have against us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or the Products (“claim”), you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court or a state court located in Oregon. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of Oregon will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- These Terms make up the entire agreement between you and Box Club Social, Inc. regarding your use of our products and services. They supersede any prior agreements.
- Some of the products and services we offer are also governed by supplemental terms. If you use any of those products and services, supplemental terms will be made available and will become part of our agreement with you.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- You should know that we may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we may use them without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
Welcome to Box Club Social. We’re glad you’re here!
Date of Last Revision: January 2, 2021